I hope you’ve had an amazing summer! I’m really looking forward to being with you as we begin Part Two of our transformative journey.
- What’s going on with you? How’s life? Any particular joys or challenges that you’d like me to know about? How’s your RP meditation practice? How’s your RP professional life progressing? (website? teaching? etc.) How’s your RP partner group?
- In what specific ways were the summer reading (three books) useful and meaningful (or not) for you?
- What ‘burning questions’ are you most interested in exploring as possibilities for the live healing sessions?
- When you google your name or check out your online profile on twitter or instagram or facebook, are the images and links consistent with the message that you want to send to your future clients? Any concerns? Any surprises? Or are you “invisible” or “unfindable”? or sending messages that aren’t in alignment with being a spiritual teacher or healing presence?
Please be prepared Wednesday to talk 1-2 minutes to present your persuasive views as to why the issues you’re interested in exploring as topics for “live healing sessions” should be topics that the entire cohort cares about.
(Note: This is a “jigsaw” assignment, which means that by the time all the groups guide us through their “live healing sessions,” each of us, whether facilitators or participants, will have learned something significant about each topic.
By the end of class Wed Sep 6:
- you will have chosen your topic and be in an “affinity” group
- you will have signed up for one of these dates for your “live” session: Sep 20, Sep 27, or Oct 4
- you will have engaged in meditations to integrate body and mind and to attune to each other
- you will have engaged in a somatic inquiries into ways you shift your attention to feel safer
- you will have practiced cultivating your “see-feel” skills
Each affinity group will meet outside of class in order to
- engage in further research and dialogue on your topic
- discuss relevant sections in the summer reading books
- explore how differences in your group members’ patterns of openness and consrtruction (e.g., perceptual, somatic, energetic, emotional, and mental) can serve as sources of learning and wisdom for this project
- design a 15-20 minute live healing session using RP practices